Best Way to Save Money On BooksBest Ways to Save Money on Books
Books are expensive, especially when one wants to buy limited edition books. There are people who spend thousand of dollars on textbooks and if you don’t fall into this category but still want to build a collection, here are the best ways to save money on them.
• Read reviews. Don’t buy them recklessly. How would you feel if you buy one and then it turns out to be boring? Before purchasing, read reviews online.
• Purchase second – hand textbooks. There are wholesale markets online that sell second – hand books in really good condition. Websites like Amazon and eBay are good places to search.
• Wait for few weeks before buying a new one. While you may one to lay hands on the recent edition of Stephanie Meyer’s vampire series, it will be worthwhile to wait since new books are sold at premium prices. Wait for few days for the price to drop.
• Buy at discount stores. Such stores sell first hand books at discounted rates. Also, you can look for different publications.
• If you do not want to purchase online then visit the public library in your area. Get a membership and issue books for few days. Public libraries hold huge collection of textbooks. The only thing is you need to return the books on time.
• Ask your friends or colleagues to lend them their collection. This way you get to read variety without paying a dime. Return it on your own accord. If you have an active social network, create a book exchange forum.
• Be selective about the books you buy. You can fix a monthly budget just for them and do not overspend. Instead of buying just any book off the shelves, buy those that you are actually interested in reading and keeping for long term.